Boobs and Exercise!
April 19, 2018
Exercise is a word that some ladies love and some fear, however you feel about it we all know it is good for us…but what about for our boobs? The thought of them bouncing around while running and instinctively doing that awkward arms crossed across your chest thing to try and hide the bounce and stop the pain.
With a study showing that 88% of adolescent females are wearing a sports bra that does not fit them correctly and 85% did not know the basics of a proper bra fit, we have some facts on why you need to support your girls while exercising.
- Breasts are not made up of muscle, so exercise does nothing to make them stronger. They are made of fat, tissue, milk glands and Coopers Ligaments.
- During physical exercise, your boobs can move up and down as much as 14cm due to lack of support. Wow! This not only makes you uncomfortable but also stretches the skin and delicate breast tissue and ligaments which can cause sagging.
- D cup breasts can weigh up to 600grams each, that’s the equivalent of almost 1.2 litres of milk hanging from your chest. This is a lot of weight on a daily basis, even before adding in movement with exercise, so great support is essential for bigger busted ladies.
- Elasticity decreases with age so the older we get the more support we need, especially whilst exercising.
- Unsupported, heavy breasts cause slouching and can negatively affect sporting performance. It can also lead to back aches, neck strain and headaches.
- Different types of exercise require different levels of support, vertical movement of the body creates more breast movement, running in particular, therefore require more support.
With marathon season upon us, many of you are increasing your training times and boob bounce is real…never fear ladies because we have just the support you need.